Having a signature wedding cocktail can be a surprising treat for guests to enjoy throughout the celebratory reception. There’s no better place to look for some elevated elixir inspiration than from luxury hotels and resorts who have mastered the craft cocktail. From The St. Regis Washington, D.C. to Tucson’s Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, we’ve gathered some of the best botanical-infused cocktail recipes that are just as beautiful as they are refreshing.
Cherry Blossom Milk Punch,
St. Regis Bar at The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
In celebration of D.C.’s iconic Cherry Blossom trees.
- 1 gallon of Milk Punch after clarifying
- 1 Qt Plum Brandy
- 1 Qt Tanqueray 10 Gin
- .5 Qt Apricot liquor
- 2 Qt Hibiscus Tea
- 1 Qt lemon juice
- .5 Qt strawberry syrup
- 2 Qt milk
- Sliced strawberries, sprigs of mint, dried orange slices, brandy cherries for garnish (optional)
- Add plum brandy, gin, apricot liquor, hibiscus tea, lemon juice and strawberry syrup in a container and mix.
- Pour the mixture gently into a container filled with 2 quarts of milk and let sit for 24 hours.
- Strain the mixture carefully into a chinois or layer coffee filters in a strainer. Let this drip overnight. Repeat 3-4 times.
- Pour over ice in Highball Glass.
- Optional: garnish with sliced strawberries, mint sprig, dried orange slices, and 2 brandy cherries.
The Cottontail Cocktail,
Cottontail Lounge at W Scottsdale
Paying homage to the hotel’s bar, this cocktail takes garden to glass to a new level. The fresh carrot orange turmeric juice gives its signature orange color while the sprig of fresh rosemary creates a complementary scent that highlights the flavors before the first sip.
- 2 parts Jack Daniels
- 1 part Demerara syrup
- 3 parts fresh carrot orange turmeric juice
- Spring of rosemary (for garnish)
- Combine Jack Daniels, Demerara syrup and carrot orange turmeric juice in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain over a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a spring of rosemary.
La Pasión Margarita,
North Block, Yountville Napa Valley
The new restaurant in the heart of Napa Valley unveiled the La Pasión Margarita, a fresh take on the classic drink.
- Habanero-infused blanco tequila
- Orange juice
- Lime juice
- Passion fruit puree
- Butterfly pea tequila float
Smashed & Spiked
King & Rye at The Alexandrian Old Town Alexandria
Featuring fresh blackberries, mint, bourbon and ginger beer, this smashingly delicious cocktail is both easy to make and rejuvenating.
- 2 oz. Larceny Bourbon
- Fresh blackberries
- Mint springs
- Ginger beer
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle a small handful of blackberries and a few mint springs.
- Add bourbon and fill the shaker with ice. Shake.
- Double strain into a lowball glass over ice.
- Top with Ginger Beer and garnish with mint and blackberries
h2hhotel’s Spoonbar recently unveiled a new spring cocktail list, including the seasonal floral-inspired “It Takes Two” cocktail.
- Arette Blanco tequila
- Giffard elderflower liquer
- Monin mango syrup
The Desert Prickly Pear Margarita,
Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
This Tucson take on a classic margarita brings a little taste of the Southwest with its vibrant pink color that’s loaded with flavor of prickly pear and lime.
- 1 ¼ oz. Herradura Silver Tequila
- ½ oz. triple sec
- ½ oz. lime juice
- ½ oz. prickly pear syrup
- Old fashioned/rocks glass
- Add all ingredients to shaker and shake with ice.
- Strain into rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with lime zest and fresh lime.